Thursday, July 26, 2007

Professional Male Model


Well, how do I put this? My name is Derrick Zoolander and I am a professional male model. I want to start a school for people who can’t surf good and want to learn how to surf gooder. Therefore with the help of my colleague and manager Matt Anticivich, he made this life size statue of me surfing. I still believe it needs to be a least 3 times as big.
Ok, all kidding aside about two years ago in the summer I was approached by a friend who asked me to model for him for this surfing statue he was creating. I thought it was cool and excited to help, but I really had no idea the reality of the situation. This past weekend the statue was unveiled and Matt’s masterpiece came to life. What can I say, Matt is a true artist just look at the detail. The statue is right next to PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) in Encinitas (above San Diego).

"Channel 8 News!" I was a little nervous and by "little" i mean sweating profusely.


5 comments:

Went said...

that is absurd.

Went said...

i dont know what to say- you have just made my blog look like a little girl- you have just blown every post i have ever posted out of the water.

kacey said...

rock on Kevin! You're so awsome!...tell him you want the next one on a bike! Can't wait to see ya soon!

Scott said...

Who does that? No, really, who has a huge statue of themselve along the PCH?

brentbookwalter said...

dude, your own statue, that is rad! i want one. when you headin back to NC?