Friday, June 15, 2007

San Diego Velodrome!

Arriving late Wednesday afternoon in northern San Diego, I went to Scripps Hospital to visit my mom who was having back surgery. Yeah not something everyone wants to go through. But after seeing her I felt relieved that she was doing a whole lot better than what I thought she would be like after a “vertebra fusion,” or something of that nature.

The next day after seeing my mom in the morning I went surfing for the first time since I been back. And what a trip, my arms are worked from just a little paddling around. The surf was small but perfect for a “gringo” like me.

Here I am on my second wave of the day.

Ok, this is obviously not me, but I needed a visual to help tell the story.

So anyway, after the surfing adventure I drove down the packed freeway to the SD velodrome. What a big difference form the LA track. I warmed up on a 48*16 then hit the 14 cog for the sprints we were doing. I also got a chance to motor pace that was helpful for group work.

Once again this is not a picture from that day, but from 1977 on the SD track.

1 comment:

Preston said...

San Diego...a whale's vigina. why don't you show some real pics of this place so I know what to look foward to in the fall.